ESIP is turning 20 next year. We want to hear how ESIP has impacted your work.
We come to ESIP because we can meet other Earth data scientists and share our knowledge and our problems. Using Earth data is difficult for a host of reasons we face in common. ESIP is a place where solutions abound.
How has ESIP helped you in your work? ESIP really wants to know. Your story is important for the future of ESIP. A large part of the return on investment ESIP gives to our sponsors is the feedback it gets from members about how ESIP has saved them time and helped them create new knowledge and innovate solutions together. The more stories ESIP can assemble the stronger the case it can make to keep this member-run community moving ahead into its third decade.
Your story can be simple or more complex; you meet someone at an ESIP meeting who had already solved a pain point you had; you did a FUNding Friday project that turned into an agency-funded project two years later; you were able to implement a set of best practices in your work because ESIP voted to adopt these. Whatever your story is, it's worth sharing.
CONTEST! Tell your story: win a drone. Or Two!
For these contests staff will be collecting ESIP stories from today through the COB on Thursday, July 27, 2017. Everyone who provides a story will be eligible for one (or both) drones. DJI has generously donated two Phantom 3 drones for this effort!
Contest 1: Raffle at the ESIP Summer Meeting: Be there to win!
1) You MUST add your story to the ESIP Slack channel: #myesipstory before 5pm Thursday, July 27, 2017. NOTE: every person who adds a story to Slack gets ONE chance (adding more stories is great, but will not improve your odds).
If you are not already on the ESIP Slack team: here is your INVITATION. If you are on Slack, are you using the Slack App? It's a much better GUI. Grab it HERE.
2) You must be present at the 7-9 PM Thursday, July 27, 2017 ESIP FUNding Friday Drawathon at The Tap in Bloomington! If your name is called and you are not there, we will draw another name!
Contest 2: Best Story Wins. You do not need to be at the Summer Meeting for this contest.
1) You CAN add your story to the ESIP Slack channel: #myesipstory before 5pm Thursday, July 27, 2017. If you are not already on the ESIP Slack team: here is your INVITATION. If you are on Slack, are you using the Slack App? It's a much better GUI. Grab it HERE.
…OR, you can TELL your story at the ESIP Story room video event all day Thursday, July 27, 2017 (See the Sched for details). [NOTE: if you tell your story and want to be included in the Contest 1 raffle, you still need to hop on Slack and enter your story.]
2) You do NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT to win. The ESIP Board will pick a selection team who will determine the best story. HINT: the best story will a story that describes how being an ESIP member has benefited you and/or your organization. Tell not what you did for ESIP, but rather, what ESIP did for you!
3) The Prize will be determined by August 15, 2017, and the Drone will be mailed to the winner.