JOIN OUR EARTH SCIENCE DATA COMMUNITY
ESIP is an open organization. ESIP welcomes applications from industry, government, academic, research and not-for-profit organizations interested in supporting our mission.
Partnership is free and members of ESIP organizations enjoy these benefits:
- $100 off of meeting registration for ESIP's twice-annual meetings
- Eligible for ESIP Lab funding
- Eligible to start ESIP clusters around your interest
- A voice and vote on guidance documents for Earth science data, like the ESIP Data Citation Principles
- Anyone from an ESIP partner is eligible to be elected as ESIP President, Vice President, Committee Chairs and at-large Board seats, which includes travel to ESIP meetings
- As a partner, you instantly become part of a community designed for you and your colleagues.
Becoming a Partner Organization
Partnership applications are invited from any interested organization that:
- Embraces the ideal of collaborative exchange to further the understanding of the environmental health of our planet.
- Are looking to network with diverse organizations, and show up at meetings.
- Help researchers and decision-makers deal with critical environmental issues.
- Connect with data providers, researchers and tool developers.
By being a partner, you are announcing that Earth science data matters to your organization! New partner organizations should be enthusiastic about our work and willing to become active participants within the community.
What are the types of ESIP partners?
There are five types of ESIP partner organizations:
- Type I: Data and Information Distributors, Repositories, and Archive Centers
- Type II: Product and Service Providers
- Type III: Earth Science Applied Service Providers
- Type IV: ESIP Sponsors
- Type V: Collaborative Data Networks
What is the partnership application timeline?
Can I join as an individual?
How do I know if my organization is already a partner?
My organization is large, does the entire thing have to join?
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.