JOIN OUR EARTH SCIENCE DATA COMMUNITY
ESIP is an open organization. ESIP welcomes applications from industry, government, academic, research and not-for-profit organizations interested in supporting our mission.
Partnership is free and members of ESIP organizations enjoy these benefits:
- $135 off of meeting registration for ESIP’s twice-annual meetings
- Eligible for ESIP Lab funding
- Eligible to start ESIP clusters around your interest
- A voice and vote on guidance documents for Earth science data, like the ESIP Data Citation Principles
- Anyone from an ESIP partner is eligible to be elected as ESIP President, Vice President, Committee Chairs and at-large Board seats, which includes travel to ESIP meetings
- As a partner, you instantly become part of a community designed for you and your colleagues.
Becoming a Partner Organization
Partnership applications are invited from any interested organization that:
- Embraces the ideal of collaborative exchange to further the understanding of the environmental health of our planet.
- Are looking to network with diverse organizations, and show up at meetings.
- Help researchers and decision-makers deal with critical environmental issues.
- Connect with data providers, researchers and tool developers.
By being a partner, you are announcing that Earth science data matters to your organization! New partner organizations should be enthusiastic about our work and willing to become active participants within the community.
What are the types of ESIP partners?
There are five types of ESIP partner organizations.
- Type I: Distributors of satellite and ground-based data sets, as well as standardized products derived from those data
- Type II: Providers of data and information products, technologies or services aimed primarily at the Earth science and research communities
- Type III: Commercial and non-commercial organizations engaged in developing tools for Earth science
- Type IV: ESIP financial sponsors
- Type V: Non-voting financial or in-kind supporters of ESIP activities
What is the partnership application timeline?
ESIP applications are reviewed quarterly. The Partnership Committee, reviews and posts the application for a 30-day comment period. At the conclusion of the comment period, a formal vote of the Partner Assembly is taken.
Can I join as an individual?
ESIP does not offer partnership to individuals, only organizations.
How do I know if my organization is already a partner?
Check the partner list here.
My organization is large, does the entire thing have to join?
No, departments, research groups or projects are all welcome to join as an ESIP partner.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.