JOIN OUR EARTH SCIENCE DATA COMMUNITY
ESIP stands for Earth Science Information Partners and is a community of partner organizations and volunteers. ESIP partners work together to meet environmental data challenges and look for opportunities to expand, improve, and innovate across Earth science disciplines.
We welcome ESIP partner applications from industry, government, academic, research and not-for-profit organizations to join and support our Earth science data community.
Partnership is free and members of ESIP organizations enjoy these benefits:
- $100 off registration for ESIP Meetings
- Eligible for ESIP Lab funding
- Eligible to start ESIP Collaboration Areas around your interest
- A voice and vote on guidance documents for Earth science data, like the ESIP Data Citation Principles
- Anyone from an ESIP Partner is eligible to be elected as ESIP President, Vice President, Committee Chairs, and at-large Board seats, which includes travel to ESIP Meetings
Becoming a Partner Organization
Partnership applications are invited from any interested organization that:
- Embraces the ideal of collaborative exchange to further the understanding of the environmental health of our planet.
- Looks to network with diverse organizations, and show up at meetings.
- Helps researchers and decision-makers deal with critical environmental issues.
- Connects with data providers, researchers and tool developers.
New partner organizations should be enthusiastic about ESIP projects and be willing to become active participants within the ESIP community.
What are the types of ESIP partners?
There are five types of ESIP partner organizations:
- Type I: Data and Information Distributors, Repositories, and Archive Centers
- Type II: Product and Service Providers
- Type III: Earth Science Applied Service Providers
- Type IV: ESIP Sponsors
- Type V: Collaborative Data Networks
What is the partnership application timeline?
Can I join as an individual?
How do I know if my organization is already a partner?
My organization is large, does the entire thing have to join?
For further information, please contact email@example.com.