ESIP’s strength comes from the expertise and dedication of its 110+ partner organizations, who advance Earth science information best practices in an open and transparent fashion. Among our many partners are the NASA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Earth-observing data centers, as well as government research laboratories, research universities, modelers, education resource providers, technology developers, nonprofits and commercial enterprises.
There are five types of ESIP partner organizations.
- Type I: Distributors of satellite and ground-based data sets, as well as standardized products derived from those data
- Type II: Providers of data and information products, technologies or services aimed primarily at the Earth science and research communities
- Type III: Commercial and non-commercial organizations engaged in developing tools for Earth science
- Type IV: ESIP sponsors
- Type V: Non-voting financial or in-kind supporters of ESIP activities
Become an ESIP Member Organization
Partnership applications are invited from any interested groups that:
- Embrace the
idealof collaborative exchange to further the understanding of the environmental health of our planet.
- Are looking to network with diverse organizations, and show up at meetings.
- Help researchers and decision-makers deal with critical environmental issues.
- Connect with data providers, researchers and tool developers.
New partner organizations should be enthusiastic about our work and willing to become active participants within the community. The process for becoming an ESIP partner
A completed application is submitted to the Partnership Committee, which reviews and posts the application for a 30-day comment period. At the conclusion of the comment period, a formal vote of the Assembly is taken. There are no costs associated with becoming an ESIP partner. New applicants are welcome to participate in any telecon or meeting prior to submitting an application.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.