We're looking forward to seeing you at the 2018 ESIP Summer Meeting! Please find key info below as you prepare to join us.
- Day 1 – Tuesday, July 17; 7:30am registration & 8:00 breakfast for newcomers. A brief opening plenary will set agenda for the week – sessions end at 5:30pm
- Day 2 – Wednesday, July 18; 7:30am registration & our main plenary session will start at 8:30 – sessions end at 5:30pm; Sunlink Streecars will take attendees to Cyverse for reception at 6:30.
- Day 3 – Thursday, July 19; 7:30am registration & Lab plenary session will start at 8:00 – afternoon will be spent in Unconference emergent meeting and end at 5:30pm; FUNding Friday poster making session starts at 6:30.
- Day 4 – Friday, July 20; 7:30am registration, FUNding Friday pitch competition starts at 8:30 – meeting ends at 1pm with lunch.
- Social Events: Wednesday and Thursday are followed by evening activities – be sure to stick around!
- Location: Tucson Marriott University Park – 880 E 2nd St, Tucson, AZ 85719
- Green meeting: ESIP is working to make our meetings more sustainable. There will be no printed materials or plastic. All sessions are available for remote attendees.
- Airport transportation – The Tucson airport is 20 minutes by car from the hotel. If you would like to rideshare from Tucson airport add yourself to the carpool list. NOTE: ESIP staff are not coordinating this.
- Sunlink Streetcar passes: Once at the meeting venue, you should not need a car. Attendees can request free Sunlink Streetcar passes from Registration. They are good for 24 hours, so you may need more than one. There is also a free campus shuttle for short hops.
- Dress code: ESIP meetings are casual – no suites or ties necessary. The reception will also be casual. It will be hot in Tucson and well-air conditioned inside, so layers.
Check out our meeting info page for more on logistics.
- Over 90 breakout sessions led by visionaries, experts, and peers. Sessions are tagged by topic for easy navigation.
- Keynotes delivered on Wednesday by:
- 2018 Raskin Scholar Winner, Sara Lafia, UC Santa Barbara
- 2017 Falkenberg Awardee, Hook Hua, JPL
- Experts from University of Arizona including – Jon Chorover, Christopher Guiterman on drought, disasters and … and the value of data.
- We will also hear about informatics activities from Belmont e-Infrastructure, CyVerse and the School of Information
- Wednesday evening we will celebrate ESIP’s 20th Anniversary with Research as Art that will include pieces from 9 attendees. We are grateful to University of Arizona & Esri for sponsoring this evening.
- Find out more about the ESIP Lab and recent projects on Thursday morning.
See the full schedule for all details.
Mobile & Wifi
ESIP uses Sched as our meeting platform. From you mobile device, save the shortcut to your home screen for easy access. If you make your schedule ahead of time, you will be sent daily reminders.
Wifi Network name: Marriott_CONFERENCE Password: ESIP2018
Avoid the rush and come early to pick up your badge. Upon entering the Marriott head straight back to our meeting registration table, just past the elevators. Annie Keyes, ESIP Logistics coordinator, will have Registration open Monday afternoon and early evening through 6:30pm. Registration will open every morning at 7:30am.
Leading or Presenting in a Breakout Session
If you are listed as a ‘Speaker/Moderator' for your session, you can upload your slides directly to our meeting schedule.
- Select your session
- Select ‘manage session'
- Select ‘add presentation' to attached a file (e.g. pptx or pdf) or select ‘edit description' to add a link to your slides at the bottom of the session description.
Additional session leader guidance can be found here.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or visit the Registration. We look forward to seeing you soon!